Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oops! It's Really Urban Fantasy


Okay, I just posted on dark fantasy. After re-reading an e-mail from my agent, it seems that what I'm really writing is urban fantasy. So, how can an author who has been reading Kim Harrison, Laurell K., and Jackie Kessler not realize what urban fantasy is? Geez Louise. I love this stuff. I can't get enough of it. So, I'm thinking my subconcious took over and I plotted myself an urban fantasy without even realizing it. I say, go me! But, after thinking this, I realize that I'm going up against the above authors who are amazing at this. I'm going to have to bring my A game here. But I think I have a winner. Here's the tagline to my novel.


A banished goddess and a prince of the underworld
join forces to battle an evil so old
even the gods have forgotten its name.


I've decided to rethink the whole thing and give it my all. After all, if I'm going to be in the company of Kim, Laurell, and Jackie, I'd better really bring my A+ game.


1 comment:

Diane Gaston said...

Hi, Karen!
You know I love that premise. You go girl!